On Sunday, Willie Nwokoye, a Facebook user, described how he nearly avoided dying after almost swallowing a metal hook while eating at a funeral in Anambra State on Saturday.
Nwokoye, a former Principal Secretary to ex-Anambra State Governor Willie Obiano, encouraged those eating out to chew their meal well before swallowing.
He wrote, “SCARY, VERY SCARY! I’m still fretting. It was yesterday at a funeral VIP tent in my home town Amawbia. I was licking a nice plate of egusi soup. No fish. Therefore no such bones to be cautious about. Only large chunks of beef. I scooped a spoonful of the soup, mainly vegetable and undissolved egusi. Naturally I munched lightly and rolled the things with my tongue to swallow. And click, my teeth ground something metal. I gradually picked it off. And it was this hook!
“Lesson: eat out, eat public but please carefully chew every scoop properly. Scrutinize every mouthful with your tongue. Something very deadly like this can sneak through public cooking. And find its way into your plate. Imagine if I had gulped this down. God was kind. I’m still thanking.”
See screen shot of the post below: