Tinubu appoints three new NUPRC Commissioners
President Bola Tinubu
Published By: Kazeem Ugbodaga
President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of three new Executive Commissioners to serve in the Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC), and the redeployment of one current Executive Commissioner, pending their confirmation by the Nigerian Senate.
A statement issued by Presidential spokesman, Ajuri Ngelale, listed the appointees as:
(1) Mr. Bashir Indabawa — NW — Executive Commissioner, Exploration & Acreage Management
(2) Dr. Kelechi Ofoegbu — SE — Executive Commissioner, Corporate Services & Administration (Redeployed)
- Tinubu appoints Mukhtar Coordinator of Presidential ‘Unlocking Healthcare Value-Chain’
- Tinubu sends message to Soludo over father’s death
- Presidency unfolds Tinubu’s agenda at Arab-Africa Summit
(3) Mr. Enorense Amadasu — SS — Executive Commissioner, Development & Production
(4) Mr. Babajide Fasina — SW — Executive Commissioner, Economic Regulation & Strategic Planning
Ngelale said the President approved this reshuffling and replacement based on his deeply informed assessment of all factors concerning the sector with a view to establishing a regulatory framework and culture that comprehensively disincentivizes errant behaviour and incentivizes diligence and rules-based business practice across the industry.