adplus-dvertising
News

So-Safe Corps rescues 17-year-old boy from kidnappers in Ogun

The Ogun State Community, Social Orientation and Safety Corps, codenamed So-Safe Corps, has rescued a 17-year-old boy, Otohu Moses, who was allegedly kidnapped on Monday.

The father of the victim, Sunday Iboin, was said to have on Tuesday reported the incident to the So-Safe Corps, explaining that his son was kidnapped when he went to ease himself at the back of the house.

His kidnappers, who were suspected to be members of the neighbourhood, were said to have demanded N1.5m ransom.

This was contained in a press statement issued on Wednesday from the Office of the State Commander of the Corps,   Soji Ganzallo, through the Office of the Director of Information and Public Relations, Moruf Yusuf.

The statement partly read, “On Tuesday January 30, 2024, one Sunday Iboin came to the Olorunda Post of the Corps to report that his son, Otohu Moses, was kidnapped at Olorunsogo Community, Olorunda in Abeokuta North Local Government Area at about 2215hrs on Monday, January 29, 2024 while he went out to ease himself at the back of the house.

“When Sunday could not see his son return on time, he called his phone number several times and a man picked it and told him in Yoruba language that his son had already been kidnapped.

“The father also said that the suspected kidnappers were asking for ransom of N1,500,000.

“The victim’s father told us that he suspected one of his neighbours to have masterminded the kidnapping.”

The statement disclosed further that “the operational team of the Corps strategised, swung into action and then took war to the alleged suspected kidnappers in the forest, some kilometres away from the point of kidnapping and the boy was rescued unhurt, though, with marks of cane on his body while the three armed kidnappers escaped with one motorcycle.”

The rescued victim was said to have been handed over to operatives of the state police command attached to Imala Divisional Police Headquarters.

Back to top button